Thursday, December 12, 2019

Thursday Dec 12 & Friday Dec 13



Hi Folks,


Image result for woodwright whirligigI'm (Mr. Zartler) all in one piece, and doing fine, but I car knocked me over on my bike ride home Wednesday, and I have to do some things to take care of myself today.

Ms. McNulty will lead Race Forward, and you'll have a sub who will facilitate you doing some research into toy building.




Today I would like you to watch two or three videos, and take notes on ideas and techniques for your own project. The videos are episodes of the Woodwright's Shop with Roy Underhill.

#1 Secrets of the Whirlygig

#2 Animated Wooden Toys

There is a third episode on similar subjects:
Waving Arm Whirlygigs if you decide to do more research because you plan on making this kind or find the subject particularly interesting.

After watching the videos, you should try some sketches of a toy that you could make that has some kind of similar feature. You will NOT have to choose this design, but I will check to see that you tried designing one.

Intermediate and Advanced Students

Please click through to November 18th on this blog. I believe many of you did not complete this assignment, I will check it off on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment